8.3.12

MIRABILIA MADNESS

I'm mad. MAD I tell you! Mad for mirabilia. At least for the moment.
I think I'm setting aside my collecting HAEDs (for the moment) and taking up collecting Mirabilia patterns... since I'm handing my Fairy Idyll (which is a Mirabilia) and because of the Mermaid SAL I'm in (and most of them are stitching up Mirabilia mermaids), I suddenly want to make a collection of mermaids and fairies and ladies in poofy gowns. (How else will you describe Mirabilias?)

So... as my usual practice of "if I want something, I get it", I dove head first in searching for patterns. Now, I live in Manila. Where the scarcity of patterns is sickening. (Downright appalling). But my handy-dandy lappie and the omniprescent internet didn't disappoint me.

As of right now... I am awaiting the arrival of the following Mirabilia patterns:
THE FEATHER FAIRY, ENCHANTED MERMAID, MERMAIDS OF THE DEEP BLUE SEA, SHAKESPEARE'S FAIRIES, SABRINA, JANUARY GARNET FAIRY, THE COTTAGE GARDEN FAIRY, CHARLOTTE, SEPTEMBER SAPPHIRE FAIRY, PIXIE COUTURE: FERN, VIOLET, LADY OF THE MIST, THE STAR GAZER, LILY OF THE WOODS, CHRISTMAS WISHES, JULY'S AMETHYST FAIRY, THE SCENT OF OLD ROSES, ENCHANTED DREAMER, DEEPEST LOVE, ASHLEY'S ROSES, SAVANNAH'S CURTSY, MIDSUMMER NIGHTS FAIRY, SANTA'S MAGIC AND FAIRY MOON.

And for the heck of it, I'm also waiting for these Lavender & Lace patterns:
ANGEL OF LIGHT, ANGEL OF FREEDOM, ANGEL OF HOPE, ANGEL OF AUTUMN, FAIRY DREAMS, IN THE ARMS OF AN ANGEL, FIREFLY FAIRIES, ANGEL OF MERCY 1 & 2, ANGEL OF DREAMS, SWEET DREAMS AND ANGEL OF GRACE.

There goes my budget. POOF!

Oh well, I figured, I might as well get all these now. Sometime in the future, I might find myself in an even harder market for cross stitching AND more expensive too!! I figured, if I get these all in nice binders and keep them... it'll lessen my shopping expenses in the future.

Or at least that's how I'm rationalizing this crazy shopping spree I just did.

I'm still on the lookout for someone to give/sell me their Pixie Couture: Lily of the Valley, Holly Pixie, Bluebell, Sweet Pea and Elizabeth at a cheap price. I'm way ok with 2nd hand patterns-- so long as they're clear and without marks.

Sigh... oh well. It'll come.  I have to believe in the power of the threads.  The patterns will find their way to me. NOW to shop for a nice binder to house the incoming patterns.  (yes, I TOLD you I'm OC. I want my stitching collection looking nice and organized...and pretty!!!)

Anyway, here's an update on my QS MERMAID's TREASURE.
Taken March 8, 2012. There's no mermaid to be seen yet...but it's getting there.


3 comments:

SoCal Debbie said...

Wow! You certainly did go on a stitchy shopping spree! You will feel so relieved to have all these charts in your fancy-dancy binder, just waiting to be stitched at some time in the future. Good for you!

weustygirl said...

hehehe, I love it, you shopping star you. Well done on all your finds. Now the difficult decision is which one are you going to start first!!!!!

Veronica said...

Holy moly, that is quite the list! LOL! I look forward to seeing a pic of those charts all lined up so I can drool at them ^.^

Hugs,
Veronica.